SWISS KRONO MDF - Moulding
The Design Expert
SWISS KRONO MDF moulding is ideally suited for making three-dimensional decorative elements for furniture and interiors. This wood-based material permits extremely intricate milling work, a fact that makes it a perfect design expert for 3D furniture fronts as well as ceiling and wall ornamentation. Even better, these MDF boards are an excellent substitute for solid wood.
A Harmonised System
On the Services page, you can download a large number of system modules for building new houses and modernising and renovating existing ones with SWISS KRONO products. Click here to go straight to the download section
Finest Deep-Drawn Quality
The outstanding deep-drawn quality of SWISS KRONO MDF – moulding is based on high compaction and a fine fibre structure. It is particularly well-suited for making 3D ornamentation for furniture fronts or wall panels.
- Finely separated fibres
- Homogeneous bulk density profile
- Excellent deep-drawn quality
- Suitable for intricate carving and a wide range of finishings
- A high-quality, economic alternative to solid wood
- Decorative relief work for furniture fronts, tabletops, doors and ceiling and wall panels
- Suitable for all living areas
|Nominal board thicknesses [mm]||
|Max. deviation in board thickness||EN 324-1||mm||± 0.2||± 0.3|
|Dimensional tolerance (length/width)||EN 324-1||mm||± 2.0 mm/m, ± 5.0 max.|
|Squareness||EN 324-1||mm/m||≤ 2.0|
|Edge straightness||EN 324-1||mm/m||≤ 1.5|
|Thickness swelling after 24-hour soak||EN 317||%||15||12||10||8|
|Internal bond||EN 319||N/mm²||≥ 1.0|
|Bending strength||EN 310||N/mm²||40|
|Bending modulus of elasticity||EN 310||N/mm²||3500|
|Surface soundness||EN 311||N/mm²||≥ 2.0|
|Formaldehyde content 1)||EN 120||mg/100g||E1|
|Moisture content 2)||EN 322||%||6 ± 2|
|Sand content||ISO 3340||%||≤ 0.05|
|Reaction to fire performance class||EN 13501||Class||D-s2, d0|
|Bulk density||EN 323||kg/m³||≥ 770||≥ 740|
|Standard grinding||K 180|
|Water vapour permeability value||EN 13986 Table 9||Mean bulk density: 600 kg/m³||μ moist 12 | μ dry 20|
|Mean bulk density: 800 kg/m||μ moist 20 | μ dry 30|
|Thermal conductivity||EN 13986 Table 11||Mean bulk density: 600 kg/m³||0.10 W/(m*K)|
|Mean bulk density: 800 kg/m||0.14 W/(m*K)|
|Sound absorption||EN 13986 Table 10||Frequency range: 250-500 Hz||0.10|
|Frequency range: 1000-2000 Hz||0.20|
1) Perforator value acc. to DIN EN 120. Acc. to the annex to Art. 1, Section 3 of the German directive on banned chemicals, in connection with guideline 100 of the Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik, unfinished fibreboard may not exceed a perforator value of 8 mb HCHO/100 g of dry weight at a moisture content of 6.5%. The gliding half-year average may not exceed 7.0 mg HCHO/100 g of dry weight. 2) Upon delivery
Acc. to customer specifications, Acc. to customer specifications, thicknesses from 6 to 19mm are possible
Homogeneous Bulk Density for Perfect Shaping
The exceptionally fine fibre gives the boards an extremely homogeneous bulk density profile, making them highly suitable for shaping. Even when deeply carved, the surface remains stable and smooth and can be easily lacquered, painted or coated.
General Information on Use of all SWISS KRONO MDF Product
Transport and Handling
- Protect edges to prevent damage.
- These products are for interior use and must therefore be protected from moisture and the weather.
- Do not store outdoors.
- To prevent rising moisture, stack on top of wooden sleepers.
- Acclimate boards before by storing them for about three days beforehand uncovered under the climatic conditions prevailing at the installation site.
- Install only when dry.
Sawing, Milling and Drilling
SWISS KRONO MDF can be sanded, sawn, milled and drilled just like solid wood and using all of the same tools.
- To prevent splitting, it is advisable to predrill holes before using screws. It is standard practice for the holes to be 80% of the screw shaft diameter.
- Do not attach screws to the plate surfaces closer than 20 mm from the edge.
- When attaching screws to the edges, maintain a distance of at least 70 mm from the corners and space them at least 30 mm apart.
- All commercially available wood glues can be used with SWISS KRONO MDF.
- Because the surface layer is denser, it is enough to apply between 80 and 120 g of glue per square meter.
Sanding and Smoothing
- SWISS KRONO MDF comes sanded to a fineness of 150 grit.
- To meet very high quality requirements, eg for coating and painting, the boards should be sanded before and /or after treatment, depending on the application.
Painting, Coating, Waxing and Lamination
- Applying a coating or suitable will minimise the risk that exposure to light will alter the colours, provided that appropriate UV blockers are added.
- Sanded surfaces can be coated just like ordinary wood (with paint, oil, wax etc.).)
- All commercially available paints, coatings and waxes that are suitable for MDF may be used.
- Greatly thinned paint or coating, a low solids content and/or insufficient application can detract from the results.
- Before coating, make sure that the surface is absolutely free of oil, grease, silicone and dust.
- It is strongly advised to carry out a test before proceeding.
- Optimal results are achieved by brushing with strokes at right angles to one another.
Documentos para descargarSección:
No se ha encontrado ningún resultado bajo %1. Seleccione otra sección y / u otro idioma, por favor.
Encuentra las secciones seleccionadas que no se corresponden con la selección de idioma alemán, inglés, francés, ruso, español bajo la selección "Otros".
Seleccionando "Vista general" obtiene una panorámica general rápida sobre todos los idiomas y versiones disponibles en una sección.