QuicklyBoard OSB/3 EN300, square-edge - Contifinish®
The Universal Formwork Board
SWISS KRONO quicklyboard is a versatile building panel and formwork board for basic concreting jobs. It boasts outstanding bending properties, and its ContiFinish® surface both inhibits penetration of moisture and ensures easy stripping.
A Harmonised System
On the Services page, you can download a large number of system modules for building new houses and modernising and renovating existing ones with SWISS KRONO products. Click here to go straight to the download section
Economic and Easy to Use
SWISS KRONO quicklyboard lends itself to all formwork applications, and can also be easily cut to size for structural uses and construction site fences. It is competitive and economic, and is simple to saw, cut and nail. Its very good nail and screw holding power makes sure that it stays securely fastened to any substrate. Thanks to the ContiRoll® technology used to produce SWISS KRONO quicklyboard, swelling is negligible. The grained surface of the boards leaves an attractive imprint on concrete. It is an economic alternative to conventional plywood for formwork.
|Nominal board thicknesses [mm]||d||20||20|
|Strength values [N/mm²]||
|Stresses on board||
|Stiffness values [N/mm²]||
|Stresses on board||
|Bending modules of elasticity||Em,meana||4930||1980|
|Modulus of elasticity||Em,meana||3800||3000|
a The characteristic stiffness values E05 and G05 are calculated as follows:
E05 = 0.85 x Emean und G05 = 0.85 x Emean
|General and building physics values||
|Max. deviations in board thickness||± 0.8 mm (ContiFinish®)|
|Tensile strength perpendicular to plane of board||σZy||0.15||0.15|
|Thermal conductivity acc. to EN 13986||λ||0.13 W/mK|
|Thickness swelling acc. to EN 317||≤ 15%|
||03 01 05|
E1 – 100% formaldehyde-free binders
|Environmental product declaration as per ISO 14205||EPD-KRO-20150067-IBD2-EN|
|Utilisation class acc. to EN V 1995-1-1||1 + 2|
|Reaction to fire performance class acc. to EN 13501-1||D - s2, d0|
|Declaration of Performance no. acc. to CPR||KDE_KH_CPR_2014_013_UK|
|Format [mm]||Thickness [mm]|
||Pieces per pallet|
|2500 x 1250||
Special formats and thicknesses on request
Laying and Boarding
- When laid closely with butt joints in interior walls, leave room for expansion where the boards adjoin other structures.
- The storey-high formats are produced with a slightly reduced width (of 1247 mm) to allow for expansion.
Coating and Varnishing
- SWISS KRONO OSB with a ContiFinish® surface may be coated with a solvent-containing PU (DD) or synthetic-resin varnish.
- Sanded surfaces may be coated like normal wood (e.g. with varnishes, paints, oils, waxes and glazes).
- It is advisable to apply at least three coats, sanding after the first one.
- Application of at least three coats is recommended.
- The only way to achieve an absolutely smooth surface is to apply filler.
Transport and Handling
- Take steps to prevent the boards, and especially the unprotected edges, from absorbing large amounts of moisture during transport and installation. Be careful not to damage the edges when lifting, moving and stacking boards (this applies especially to tongue-and- groove boards).
- Check against the labels or producer’s documentation on-site to make sure that the following are correct: thickness, approved utilisation class, surface (sanded or ContiFinish®) and edge type (square-edged or tongue-and-groove).
- During installation, boards may be briefly leaned against a solid structure at a 70° angle.
- Always carry individual boards in an upright (vertical) position.
- Protect boards from exposure to significant moisture or very high relative humidity.
- Prevent direct contact of the boards with the floor. Only store outdoors temporarily, and if unavoidable cover stacks with watertight but water-vapour-permeable tarpaulins.
- Always stack boards horizontally on pallets and wooden supports (spaced no more than 600 mm apart).
- Align wooden supports precisely with one another and parallel to the shorter side of the boards.
- Lay the boards so their edges line up (with a maximum overhang of 15 mm).
- Precondition boards prior to installation.
- Store boards for about three days under the same climatic conditions that prevail at the installation site.
- This adjustment to the ambient moisture at the installation site will prevent excessive shrinkage or swelling.
Sawing, Milling, Sanding and Drilling
- SWISS KRONO OSB can be sanded, sawn, milled and drilled just like solid wood and using all of the same tools.
Nailing, Stapling, Screwing and Gluing
- SWISS KRONO OSB can be attached to wooden studs and rafters using screws, nails or staples.
- Use in accordance with the official approvals and standards (Z-9.1-618, Z-9.1-503 and DIN 1052 in Germany as well as EN 1995-1-1 (EC 5)).
- Additionally bond or glue tongue-and-groove joints.
|K00596||REACH declaration - English|
|P00450||SWISS KRONO Delivery programme Flyer - English|
|P00086||SWISS KRONO OSB Environmental product declaration (EPD) - English|
|P00241||SWISS KRONO OSB Full-line catalogue Brochure - English|
|P00595||SWISS KRONO OSB Material Safety Data Sheet - English|
|P00946||SWISS KRONO Product Tolerances - English|
|K01036||Base Details - English|
|K01035||Base Details - English|
|P00955||KRONOPLY OSB Codemark Certificate of Conformity - English|
|P00940||KRONOPLY OSB/3 Formaldehyde release acc. to DIN EN 717-1 - English|
|K00316||PEFCTM Chain-of-Custody Certificate - English|
|K01045||SWISS KRONO Exterior Wall with Sheet-Metal Cladding, e.g. for Dormer Cheeks - English|
|K01047||SWISS KRONO Interior Fire Wall - English|
|P01189||SWISS KRONO OSB Prefabricated Construction Flyer - English|
|P00088||SWISS KRONO OSB/3 CE certificate - English|
|P00415||SWISS KRONO OSB/3 data sheet - English|
|P01156||SWISS KRONO OSB/3 dimensioning reference tables - English|
|P00942||SWISS KRONO OSB/3 in 30 and 40 mm data sheet - English|
|K01354||SWISS KRONO Schichtaufbau SWISS KRONO OSB - GB|