SWISS KRONO kompaktholz, T+G ContiFinish®
The Application-Friendly Board
|KRONOPLY kompaktholz used to secure a construction site at St Stephen’s Cathedral in Vienna|
SWISS KRONO DIY kompaktholz boards meet the requirements of the E1 guidelines for formaldehyde emissions. Their excellent dimension- al stability and high strength are due to their three-ply structure. SWISS KRONO DIY kompaktholz is made from pinewood veneering strips (strands) between 120 and 160 mm long that are laid in three plies running at right angles to one another. Like wood, these boards can be attached using staples, nails or screws.
A Harmonised System
On the Services page, you can download a large number of system modules for building new houses and modernising and renovating existing ones with SWISS KRONO products. Click here to go straight to the download section
Thinner Boards Save Space
KRONOPLY DIY kompaktholz boards are much stronger than chip- board and therefore don’t need to be as thick. A KRONOPLY DIY kompaktholz board just 22 mm thick can replace 30-mm chipboard. This saves material and weight while freeing up space for thermal insulation or other uses. KRONOPLY DIY kompaktholz boards are ideal for DIY applications and can be easily worked with ordinary, commer- cially available tools such as portable power saws.
- Interior constructions (also suitable for moist rooms)
- For outdoor boarding in places that are not exposed to the weather
During the continuous production process, the board surface is given a high-quality ContiFinish® consisting of a thin film of binder and wood resins that protects it from moisture and soiling during installation.
||Major axis||Minor axis|
|Nominal board thicknesses [mm]||d||>10-18||>18-22||>10-18||>18-25|
|Strength values [N/mm²]||
|Stresses on board||
|Stiffness values [N/mm²]||
|Stresses on board||
|Bending modules of elasticity||Emeana||4930||1980|
|Modulus of elasticity||Emeana||3800||3000|
a The characteristic stiffness values E05 and G05 are calculated as follows:
E05 = 0.85 x Emean and G05 = 0.85 x Emean
|General and building physics values||
|Bulk density acc. to EN 323||m||600 kg/m3|
|Max. deviations in board thickness||± 0.8 mm|
|Thermal conductivity acc. to EN 13986||λ||0.13 W/mK|
|Waste code||03 01 05|
E1 – 100% formaldehyde-free binders
|Thickness swelling acc. to EN 317||≤ 15%|
|Environmental Product Declaration as per ISO 14025 and EN 15084||EPD-KRO-20150067-IBD2-EN|
|Utilisation classes acc. to EN V 1995-1-1||1 + 2|
|Reaction to fire performance class acc. to EN 13501-1||D-s2, d0|
|Declaration of Performance no. acc. to CPR||KDE_KH_CPR_2014_013_UK|
|Format [mm]||Thickness [mm]|
||Pieces per pallet|
|2050 x 675 T + G on all 4 edges||
Special formats and thicknesses on request
Laying and Boarding
- When laid closely with butt joints in interior walls, leave room for expansion where the boards adjoin other structures.
Coating and Varnishing
- KRONOPLY OSB with a ContiFinish® surface may be coated with a solvent-containing PU (DD) or synthetic-resin varnish.
- Sanded surfaces may be coated like normal wood (e.g. with varnishes, paints, oils, waxes and glazes).
- It is advisable to apply at least three coats, sanding after the first one.
- Application of at least three coats is recommended.
- The only way to achieve an absolutely smooth surface is to apply filler.
Transport and Handling
- Take steps to prevent the boards, and especially the unprotected edges, from absorbing large amounts of moisture during transport and installation. Be careful not to damage the edges when lifting, moving and stacking boards (this applies especially to tongue-and- groove boards).
- Check against the labels or producer’s documentation on-site to make sure that the following are correct: thickness, approved utilisation class, surface (sanded or ContiFinish®) and edge type (square-edged or tongue-and-groove).
- During installation, boards may be briefly leaned against a solid structure at a 70° angle.
- Always carry individual boards in an upright (vertical) position.
- Protect boards from exposure to significant moisture or very high relative humidity.
- Prevent direct contact of the boards with the floor. ■ Only store outdoors temporarily, and if unavoidable cover stacks with watertight but water-vapour-permeable tarpaulins.
- Always stack boards horizontally on pallets and wooden supports (spaced no more than 600 mm apart).
- Align wooden supports precisely with one another and parallel to the shorter side of the boards.
- Lay the boards so their edges line up (with a maximum overhang of 15 mm).
- Precondition boards prior to installation.
- Store boards for about three days under the same climatic conditions that prevail at the installation site.
- This adjustment to the ambient moisture at the installation site will prevent excessive shrinkage or swelling.
Sawing, Milling, Sanding and Drilling
- KRONOPLY OSB can be sanded, sawn, milled and drilled just like solid wood and using all of the same tools.
Nailing, Stapling, Screwing and Gluing
- KRONOPLY OSB can be attached to wooden studs and rafters using screws, nails or staples.
- Use in accordance with the official approvals and standards (Z-9.1-618, Z-9.1-503 and DIN 1052 in Germany as well as EN 1995-1-1 (EC 5)).
- Additionally bond or glue tongue-and-groove joints.
|P00450||SWISS KRONO Delivery programme Flyer - English|
|P00086||SWISS KRONO OSB Environmental product declaration (EPD) - English|
|P00241||SWISS KRONO OSB Full-line catalogue Brochure - English|
|P00595||SWISS KRONO OSB Material Safety Data Sheet - English|
|P00946||SWISS KRONO Product Tolerances - English|
|K01036||Base Details - English|
|K01035||Base Details - English|
|P00955||KRONOPLY OSB Codemark Certificate of Conformity - English|
|P00940||KRONOPLY OSB/3 Formaldehyde release acc. to DIN EN 717-1 - English|
|K00316||PEFCTM Chain-of-Custody Certificate - English|
|P01189||SWISS KRONO LONGBOARD OSB and MAGNUMBOARD® OSB Brochure - GB|
|K01045||SWISS KRONO Exterior Wall with Sheet-Metal Cladding, e.g. for Dormer Cheeks - English|
|K01047||SWISS KRONO Interior Fire Wall - English|
|K01354||SWISS KRONO Layers of SWISS KRONO OSB - English|
|P00088||SWISS KRONO OSB/3 CE certificate - English|
|P00415||SWISS KRONO OSB/3 data sheet - English|
|P01156||SWISS KRONO OSB/3 dimensioning reference tables - English|
|P00942||SWISS KRONO OSB/3 in 30 and 40 mm data sheet - English|