Blue Angel Ecolabel for SWISS KRONO OSB
- Kategorie: Products, General
30. October 2019 | Environmentally responsible building and renovation: the Blue Angel makes it easier.
As of October 2019, SWISS KRONO OSB/3 EN300, SWISS KRONO OSB/4 BAZ and SWISS KRONO OSB/F**** produced at the SWISS KRONO GROUP’s facility in Heiligengrabe in the German state of Brandenburg all bear the “Blue Angel” ecolabel.
The Blue Angel (Der Blaue Engel) is an official ecolabel which is jointly awarded by several German government bodies and private organizations to highlight environmentally safe products. Characterised by demanding criteria and independent status, for over 40 years it has helped people identify eco-friendly, healthy, long-lived products and services.
In order to receive the Blue Angel, board-shaped materials must meet the following criteria:
- They must consist to at least 70% by weight of wood from sustainably managed forests and/or used wood.
- They may not contain any dangerous substances such as carcinogenic compounds.
- The metrics of their environmental footprint must be determined and published.
- They must meet strict requirements in respect of emissions into indoor air.
- They may not contain any substances which interfere with their environmentally friendly use or disposal, including halogenated organic compounds, and the use of flame retardants and biocides must be strictly regulated.
The Blue Angel is a nonpartisan, economically self-sufficient, voluntary product designation.
Blauer Engel auf OSB lang 40x45 mm EN.jpg
The Blue Angel for SWISS KRONO OSB/3 EN300, OSB/4 BAZ and OSB/F**** from Heiligengrabe in the German state of Brandenburg
- Copyright SWISS KRONO TEX GmbH & Co. KG