SWISS KRONO OSB/3, EN300, T+G - ContiFinish®
Quick to Lay, with a Stiffening Effect
ContiFinish®, CE - made with formaldehyde-free binders
Quick to Lay, with a Stiffening Effect
With its water- and moisture-repellent ContiFinish® surface, SWISS KRONO OSB/3, T + G is specifically designed for use in moist rooms such as kitchens, bathrooms and laundry rooms. It is CE- certified under EN 13986 and produced in accordance with EN 300. All four edges are profiled for tongue-and-groove joints, making this board extremely versatile.
A Harmonised System
On the Services page, you can download a large number of system modules for building new houses and modernising and renovating existing ones with SWISS KRONO products. Click here to go straight to the download section
Bending Resistance for Stability
SWISS KRONO OSB/3, T + G excels in a wide range of applications due to its high strength. Despite its relatively low weight, it achieves bending resistance values comparable to those of plywood. Its high-quality ContiFinish® surface repels water.
Because it inhibits water vapour diffusion, when using this material for boarding the inside of exterior walls in timber-frame houses there is no need to seal with a water-vapour-impermeable membrane.
Flat Roofs – Economical Constructions
Flat roofs are roof constructions that are horizontal or or have a low pitch. The entire surface area is typically covered with a waterproof membrane. Modern timber-frame houses allow the installation of economical flat roof constructions that are largely prefabricated and lie on rafters spaced far apart.
Predestined for use in many flat roofs are SWISS KRONO OSB/3 andSWISS KRONO OSB/F****, square-edge. SWISS KRONO products let you create durable constructions that meet thermal, acoustical and ventilation requirements while also complying with the stipulations of the new DIN 68800 standard.
SWISS KRONO Flat Roof System
Components from the top down
- Rabbeted zinc plate
- Structured separation layer
- 22mm SWISS KRONO OSB
- 200mm rafters / SWISS KRONO flex (thickness variable)
- Moisture-adaptive vapour barrier
- 30/50mm battens/air layer
- 15mm SWISS KRONO OSB
- 9.5mm gypsum plasterboard
Fast to Lay and No Chemicals
SWISS KRONO OSB/3 and SWISS KRONO OSB/F****, square-edge fulfil the requirements of various standards owing to their moisture-resistant PMDI binders.
Outstanding results have been obtained with these materials in a large number of flat roof constructions. In contrast to the wood-based materials ordinarily used in flat roofs, SWISS KRONO OSB/3 and SWISS KRONO OSB/F****, square-edge do not require any chemical treatment.
Another advantage is that SWISS KRONO OSB is much faster to lay than roof boarding.
- Floor renovation / dry floors / under dry screed
- Stiffening interior wall boarding Roof panelling (instead of raw timber)
- For reinforcing heavily stressed roofs (application class 2 as per EN 1995-1-1)
- As bearing ceiling boards | interior constructions / decorative uses
|Major axis||Minor axis|
|Thickness range [mm]||d||
|Strength values [N/mm²]|
|Stresses on board||
|Stiffness values [N/mm²]|
|Stresses on board||
|Bending modulus of elasticity||Ema||4930||1980|
|Tensile force modulus of elasticity||Eta||3800||3000|
|Compression modulus of elasticity||Eca||3800||3000|
a The characteristic stiffness values E05 and G05 are calculated as follows:
E05 = 0.85 x E and G05 = 0.85 x G
|General and building physics values||
|Bulk density acc. to EN 323||m||600 kg/m³|
|Max. deviations in board thickness||
± 0.8 mm (ContiFinish®)
± 0.3 mm (sanded)
|Tolerance in length and width||± 3 mm|
|Perpendicularity acc. to EN 324‐2||2 mm/m|
|Thermal conductivity acc. to EN 13986||λ||0.13 W/mK|
|Water vapour permeability value||μ||200 (moist) / 300 (dry)|
|Waste code||03 01 05|
|Thickness swelling acc. to EN 317||≤ 15%|
|Coefficient of expansion for 1% change in wood moisture content||0.03%|
E1 – 100% formaldehyde-free binders
(< 0.03 ppm)
|Environmental Product Declaration as per ISO 14025 an EN 15084||EPD-KRO-20150067-IBD2-EN|
|Service classes acc. to EN 1995-1-1||1 + 2|
|Reaction to fire acc. to EN 13501-1||D-s2, d0|
|Declaration of Performance No. acc. to CPR||SKDE_OSB-3_CPR_2019_044|
|Format [mm]||Thickness [mm]|
|2500 x 675 T + G on all 4 edges||
|2500 x 1250 T + G on all 4 edges||
|6250 x 675 T + G on 2 edges||
Special formats and thicknesses on request
Laying and Boarding
- When laid closely with butt joints in interior walls, leave room for expansion where the boards adjoin other structures.
Coating and Varnishing
- SWISS KRONO OSB with a ContiFinish® surface may be coated with a solvent-containing PU (DD) or synthetic-resin varnish.
- Sanded surfaces may be coated like normal wood (e.g. with varnishes, paints, oils, waxes and glazes).
- It is advisable to apply at least three coats, sanding after the first one.
- Application of at least three coats is recommended.
- The only way to achieve an absolutely smooth surface is to apply filler.
Important Note on Coating and Painting!
When coating SWISS KRONO OSB with oil or hard wax oil, under some circumstances ingredients in the oil may interact with the natural wood resin in the SWISS KRONO OSB. This can result in an intense, lasting odour in the room. We therefore recommend that you contact the manufacturer of the oil or hard wax oil before using it.
Transport and Handling
- Take steps to prevent the boards, and especially the unprotected edges, from absorbing large amounts of moisture during transport and installation. Be careful not to damage the edges when lifting, moving and stacking boards (this applies especially to tongue-and- groove boards).
- Check against the labels or producer’s documentation on-site to make sure that the following are correct: thickness, approved utilisation class, surface (sanded or ContiFinish®) and edge type (square-edged or tongue-and-groove).
- During installation, boards may be briefly leaned against a solid structure at a 70° angle.
- Always carry individual boards in an upright (vertical) position.
- Protect boards from exposure to significant moisture or very high relative humidity.
- Prevent direct contact of the boards with the floor. ■ Only store outdoors temporarily, and if unavoidable cover stacks with watertight but water-vapour-permeable tarpaulins.
- Always stack boards horizontally on pallets and wooden supports (spaced no more than 600 mm apart).
- Align wooden supports precisely with one another and parallel to the shorter side of the boards.
- Lay the boards so their edges line up (with a maximum overhang of 15 mm).
- Precondition boards prior to installation.
- Store boards for about three days under the same climatic conditions that prevail at the installation site.
- This adjustment to the ambient moisture at the installation site will prevent excessive shrinkage or swelling.
Sawing, Milling, Sanding and Drilling
- SWISS KRONO OSB can be sanded, sawn, milled and drilled just like solid wood and using all of the same tools.
Nailing, Stapling, Screwing and Gluing
- SWISS KRONO OSB can be attached to wooden studs and rafters using screws, nails or staples.
- Use in accordance with the official approvals and standards (Z-9.1-618, Z-9.1-503 and DIN 1052 in Germany as well as EN 1995-1-1 (EC 5)).
- Additionally bond or glue tongue-and-groove joints.
|P00450||SWISS KRONO Delivery programme Flyer - English|
|P00086||SWISS KRONO OSB Environmental product declaration (EPD) - English|
|P00241||SWISS KRONO OSB Full-line catalogue Brochure - English|
|P00595||SWISS KRONO OSB Material Safety Data Sheet - English|
|P00946||SWISS KRONO Product Tolerances - English|
|K01035||Base Details - English|
|K01036||Base Details - English|
|P00955||KRONOPLY OSB Codemark Certificate of Conformity - English|
|P00940||KRONOPLY OSB/3 Formaldehyde release acc. to DIN EN 717-1 - English|
|K00316||PEFCTM Chain-of-Custody Certificate - English|
|P01189||SWISS KRONO LONGBOARD OSB and MAGNUMBOARD® OSB Brochure - GB|
|K01351||SWISS KRONO Expansion Joints in Rooms - English|
|K01045||SWISS KRONO Exterior Wall with Sheet-Metal Cladding, e.g. for Dormer Cheeks - English|
|K01359||SWISS KRONO Exterior Walls, OSB Inside and Outside - English|
|K01355||SWISS KRONO Installation Guide for Roofs - English|
|K01352||SWISS KRONO Installation Scheme for Floors - English|
|K01332||SWISS KRONO Installation scheme - English|
|K01047||SWISS KRONO Interior Fire Wall - English|
|K01362||SWISS KRONO OSB on Substructure - English|
|K01356||SWISS KRONO OSB under Shale Roofing - English|
|P01456||SWISS KRONO OSB/3 - Certificate of Compliance - English|
|P00088||SWISS KRONO OSB/3 CE certificate - English|
|P00415||SWISS KRONO OSB/3 data sheet - English|
|P01156||SWISS KRONO OSB/3 dimensioning reference tables - English|
|P00942||SWISS KRONO OSB/3 in 30 and 40 mm data sheet - English|
|K01350||SWISS KRONO Various Laying Schemes - English|
|P01459||Sintef OSB/3 Certificate - English|