SWISS KRONO anti-termite, square-edge
Termite-Resistant, High-Quality OSBTermite-resistant OSB
Developed for use under special conditions, SWISS KRONO anti-termite, square-edge features outstanding technical properties. It is completely impregnated with a lastingly effective insecticide to optimally safeguard it from voracious termites. This OSB board thus meets all requirements for use in affected regions.
A Harmonised System
On the Services page, you can download a large number of system modules for building new houses and modernising and renovating existing ones with SWISS KRONO products. Click here to go straight to the download section
Proactive Protection from Termites
SWISS KRONO anti-termite square-edge is a specially developed, termite-resistant OSB product for export to and use in regions where termites are endemic, such as southern France, Australia, Africa and the United States. Termites love to devour wood and wood-based materials – in the United States alone, they cause billions of dollars’ worth of damage to houses every year, more than fire, storms and earthquakes together. The Global Environment Facility (GEF) estimates that termites annually inflict damage to buildings amounting to between 15 and 20 billion U.S. dollars worldwide.
During production of SWISS KRONO anti-termite square-edge, the binder is mixed with an insecticide. This proactive approach makes the OSB highly resistant to termite attack. Test results have confirmed this: Extended tests in actual application conditions revealed no signs of infestation on SWISS KRONO anti-termite, while conventional OSB boards were severely damaged.
- Termite-resistant OSB
- For use in regions where termites are endemic
- Completely insecticide-impregnated for lastingly effective protection
||Major axis||Minor axis|
|Nominal board thicknesses [mm]||d||
|Strength values [N/mm²]|
|Stresses on board||
|Stiffness values [N/mm²]|
|Stresses on board||
|Bending modules of elasticity||Emeana||4930||1980|
|Modulus of elasticity||Emeana||3800||3000|
a The characteristic stiffness values E05 and G05 are calculated as follows:
E05 = 0.85 x Emean and G05 = 0.85 x Emean
|General and building physics values||
|Bulk density acc. to EN 323||m||600 kg/m³|
|Max. deviations in board thickness||± 0.8 mm (ContiFinish®) | ± 0.3 mm (sanded)|
|Thermal conductivity acc. to EN 13986||λ||0.13 W/mK|
|Thickness swelling acc. to EN 317||≤ 15%|
|Expansion coefficient for 1% change in wood moisture||0.03%|
|Waste Code||EWC code||03 01 05|
E1 – 100% formaldehyde-free binders
(< 0.03 ppm)
|Utilisation class acc. to EN V 1995-1-1||1 + 2|
|Reaction to fire performance class acc. to EN 13501-1||D - s2, d0|
|CE certificate no.||501-12-2494 - GB|
Acc. to customer specifications
Special formats and thicknesses on request
Laying and Boarding
- For interior or exterior boarding applications, leave expansion joints at least 3 mm wide between boards.
- When laid closely with butt joints in interior walls, leave room for expansion where the boards adjoin other structures.
- The storey-high formats are produced with a slightly reduced width (of 1247 mm) to allow for expansion.
Coating and Varnishing
- SWISS KRONO OSB with a ContiFinish® surface may be coated with a solvent-containing PU (DD) or synthetic-resin varnish.
- Sanded surfaces may be coated like normal wood (e.g. with varnishes, paints, oils, waxes and glazes).
- It is advisable to apply at least three coats, sanding after the first one.
- Application of at least three coats is recommended.
- The only way to achieve an absolutely smooth surface is to apply filler.
Transport and Handling
- Take steps to prevent the boards, and especially the unprotected edges, from absorbing large amounts of moisture during transport and installation. Be careful not to damage the edges when lifting, moving and stacking boards (this applies especially to tongue-and- groove boards).
- Check against the labels or producer’s documentation on-site to make sure that the following are correct: thickness, approved utilisation class, surface (sanded or ContiFinish®) and edge type (square-edged or tongue-and-groove).
- During installation, boards may be briefly leaned against a solid structure at a 70° angle.
- Always carry individual boards in an upright (vertical) position.
- Protect boards from exposure to significant moisture or very high relative humidity.
- Prevent direct contact of the boards with the floor. Only store outdoors temporarily, and if unavoidable cover stacks with watertight but water-vapour-permeable tarpaulins.
- Always stack boards horizontally on pallets and wooden supports (spaced no more than 600 mm apart).
- Align wooden supports precisely with one another and parallel to the shorter side of the boards.
- Lay the boards so their edges line up (with a maximum overhang of 15 mm).
- Precondition boards prior to installation.
- Store boards for about three days under the same climatic conditions that prevail at the installation site.
- This adjustment to the ambient moisture at the installation site will prevent excessive shrinkage or swelling.
Sawing, Milling, Sanding and Drilling
- SWISS KRONO OSB can be sanded, sawn, milled and drilled just like solid wood and using all of the same tools.
Nailing, Stapling, Screwing and Gluing
- SWISS KRONO OSB can be attached to wooden studs and rafters using screws, nails or staples.
- Use in accordance with the official approvals and standards (Z-9.1-618, Z-9.1-503 and DIN 1052 in Germany as well as EN 1995-1-1 (EC 5)).
- Additionally bond or glue tongue-and-groove joints.
Documents à téléchargerRubrique:
|P00545||KRONOPLY anti-termite CE certificate - French|