It covers all personal data which you make available to SWISS KRONO or are derived from such data.
Responsibility for your personal data:
We, SWISS KRONO TEX GmbH & Co. KG, are the controller in the sense of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and as such responsible for all personal data which you make available to us in the context of our business relationship.
Categories of personal data captured by us
We capture and process, in particular, personal data belonging to the following categories:
- contact information such as your full name, business address, business telephone number, business mobile number, business fax number, business e-mail address, the unique identifier of your mobile device and the IP address of your computer if you use our website;
- payment-related information, e.g. data which are required for processing payments and preventing fraud, including credit and debit card numbers, security codes and other invoicing information;
- other business-related information which need to be processed within the scope of a business or other contractual relationship with SWISS KRONO or are voluntarily provided by you, such as orders placed, purchases, services and other business transactions, feedback on products and other information that you place at our disposal;
- information obtained from public sources, secure databases and credit bureaus;
- when required by law for compliance purposes, information on significant and major legal disputes or other court proceedings in which you or a person related to you are involved and interactions with you that may be relevant to antitrust proceedings; and
- special categories of personal data: in connection with registration for an event or seminar and granting access to it, we may request information on your state of health in order to identify and take into account any disabilities or special nutritional requirements on your part. All such information is used with your consent only. If you do not give us any information on disabilities or special nutritional requirements, we will also be unable to make any special arrangements to accommodate them.
Purposes for which we use your personal data
We will use your personal data exclusively for the following purposes (‘permitted purposes’):
- Planning, implementing, managing and administering your contractual relationship (or the contractual relationship of a third party with whom you are related) with the SWISS KRONO Group, e.g. by conducting business transactions and processing orders for products or services, processing payments, conducting accounting, auditing, settlement or debt collection activities, arranging for shipments and deliveries, enabling repairs or providing support or other services or things to you that you may have requested;
- upholding and safeguarding the safety of our products, services and websites or other systems for preventing and revealing security risks, fraud or other criminal or malicious acts;
- ensuring compliance with legal obligations (such as accounting obligations), compliance checks or record-keeping requirements (e.g. within the scope of laws on competition, laws on exports, trade sanctions and laws on embargos or the prevention of corporate crimes or money laundering; this can include cross-checking your contact data or other information which you have provided to us on your identity against relevant lists of parties on which sanctions have been imposed and contacting you in case such a check should reveal a possible match or record an interaction with you which could be relevant for antitrust purposes;
- contacting you within the scope of an existing business relationship, to the extent that this is permissible under local law, to inform you about products or services of SWISS KRONO which resemble or are connected to already acquired or used products and services;
- settling disputes, enforcing our contractual agreements and justifying, exercising or defending legal claims or
- ensuring compliance with legal obligations, e.g. to keep sales documents for tax-related purposes or sending legally required communications and other announcements.
Provided that you have given us your explicit consent, we may also use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Communication with you via the channels which you have approved in order to keep you up to date on the latest announcements, special offers and other information on products, technologies and services of SWISS KRONO (including marketing newsletters) and events and projects of SWISS KRONO;
- managing and holding customer surveys, marketing campaigns, market analyses, competitions or other measures or events to support advertising activities or
- collecting information on your preferences in order to generate a user profile for the purposes of making our communication and interactions with you more personal and improve their quality (for example, by means of newsletter tracking or analyses of the website).
Where marketing-related types of communication (e.g. e-mails and telephone calls) are concerned, we will only provide this information to you, to the extent required by law, if you have previously consented to such communication, and we grant you the possibility of revoking your consent if you no longer wish to receive any kinds of marketing-related communication from us.
We will not use your personal data for making automated decisions concerning you or creating profiles other than those described in the foregoing.
The legal bases for processing your personal data are defined in Article 6 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
Depending on which of the above-mentioned purposes we use your personal data for, it may be necessary to process them either to fulfil a contract or other business agreement with SWISS KRONO or to comply with our legal obligations or to protect our legitimate interests, always subject to the condition that your interests or basic rights and freedoms do not take precedence over these interests.
In addition, processing can take place on the basis of your consent, provided that you have explicitly provided it to us for this purpose.
How we collect and use your personal data
We will normally capture your personal data directly from you within the scope of our interactions, e.g. when you visit our website, communicate with us regarding our products and services, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or take part in a customer survey.
We do not receive personal data from third parties unless these are absolutely essential for implementing a contractual relationship with us (for example, forest management or owner associations).
Where personal data are processed
SWISS KRONO is a globally active company. During the course of our business activities, it may occur that we also relay your personal data to recipients in countries outside the European Economic Area (‘third countries’”) in which data are not protected by law to the same extent as in your home country.
If and when we do this, we comply with the applicable data protection requirements and take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data are safeguarded and secure, particularly by agreeing to standard EU contractual clauses, which are available here.
If you would like to receive additional information on these protective measures, you are welcome to reach out to us at any time using the contact data given below.
How we protect your personal data
For protecting your personal data, we consistently apply legally compliant, state-of-the-art physical, electronic and process-related security measures.
These security measures include implementing appropriate technologies and processes such as secure servers, firewalls and SSL encryption to safeguard your privacy. We will continue to consistently abide by the applicable laws and regulations to ensure the confidentiality and security of your personal data.
Who we share personal data with
We may share your personal data as follows:
- In addition, it is possible that we will commission service providers (so-called contract data processors), which may belong to the SWISS KRONO Group or be external providers based domestically or in other countries, to process personal data for the allowed purposes at our request and exclusively in accordance with our instructions. SWISS KRONO retains full control over your personal data and continues to be completely responsible for them while implementing appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal data in compliance with the applicable laws when contracting service providers of these kinds.
- With courts of law, law enforcement agencies, supervisory authorities or lawyers, to the extent that this is legally permitted and required in order to comply with a legal obligation or assert, exercise or defend claims.
- With credit bureaus and other firms to facilitate decisions on credit decisions in order to prevent fraud or collect debts.
In all other cases, we will only divulge your personal data if you request or allow us to do so, if we are obliged to do so by order of a court of law or official body or if we suspect fraud or other criminal activity.
Duration of storage of personal data
We will keep your personal data as long as is required to provide the services, products or information you have requested and for administering your business relationship with us.
If you have requested us to refrain from contacting you, we will keep this information only until your request has been complied with.
In addition, we are required by the applicable laws to keep certain personal data of yours for a certain period of time (e.g. in connection with business transactions). Your personal data are then immediately deleted once they are no longer needed for these purposes.
Subject to certain legal requirements, you have the right to demand access to your personal data or their correction or erasure or a restriction of their processing.
You may also object to their processing or transmission.
In particular, you are entitled to demand and receive a copy of the personal data on you which we have stored. If you express such a wish multiple times, we reserve the right to charge an appropriate fee for these services.
You can find details on your data protection rights in Articles 15 to 22 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. As we would like to ensure that your personal data are accurate and up to date, you may also request us to correct or remove information which you consider to be incorrect.
If you have consented to the processing of your personal data, you may revoke this consent with future effect at any time; in other words, revoking your consent has no influence on the legality of processing which has already taken place with your consent prior to its revocation.
Once this consent is retracted, we may only continue to process personal data if there are other legal grounds for doing so.
If you would like to assert any of the aforementioned rights, please send us a description of your affected personal data while specifying your name, customer number (or other SWISS KRONO identification number) and your date of birth as proof of your identity to the address given below.
It is possible that we may request additional proof of your identity (such as a notarised copy of your passport or personal identity card) in order to protect your personal data from unauthorised access.
We will carefully consider your request and possibly discuss it with you to determine the best possible way of meeting it.
If you have any concerns about how we manage your personal data, or would like to complain about our management of your personal data, please communicate with us using the contact data below so that we can investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our reaction or reply or are of the opinion that we have not processed or are not processing your personal data in compliance with the applicable laws, you also have the option of submitting a complaint to the supervisory authority responsible for data protection in your country.
The supervisory authority responsible for us in Germany is:
Data Protection Officer of the State of Brandenburg
Stahnsdorfer Damm 77
Obligation to provide personal data
As a general rule, you provide your personal data to us on a voluntary basis. It will not typically have any adverse consequences for you if you withhold your consent or choose to not provide any personal data.
However, there are cases in which SWISS KRONO cannot take any action without your unique personal data, e.g. if these personal data are required in order to process your orders, give you access to an online offer or newsletter or conduct a legally required compliance check.
In these cases, SWISS KRONO will regrettably be unable to meet your request or wish without the corresponding personal data.
We may change or add to this policy from time to time to take account of changes in how we use your personal data or in the pertinent legal requirements.
We therefore recommend that you occasionally check it.
How to contact us
In case you have any questions or comments or wish to assert your rights, please contact:
SWISS KRONO TEX GmbH & Co. KG
J. Zallmann (Company Data Protection Officer)
Wittstocker Chaussee 1
Tel.: +49 33962 / 69-230